Hit the Dusty Trail Duathlon & 5K: Send Cancer Packing
A fun challenge on the Great Allegheny Passage
in memory of Gary Fulton
Supporting Regional Cancer Related Endeavors
Registration, Duathlon Start & Finish, Refreshments, and Closing Activities are all at Garrett Trail Access directly on the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) in Garrett, PA
Saturday August 11, 2018 Rain or Shine!
6:45 a.m. - 7:15 a.m. Same Day Registration
7:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Hit the Dusty Trail Duathlon
7:30 a.m. - 8:40 a.m. Hit the Dusty Trail 5K
8:40 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. 5K Awards & Closing Activities
10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. Duathlon Awards & Closing Activities
Individual and Team Event:
- Individual participant will complete ALL portions of the duathlon with a run / bike / run or a walk / bike / walk.
- Relay Teams of Two consists of two team members. Teammate # 1 completes both running/walking portions of the event. Teammate # 2 completes the cycling segment. For example, Teammate # 1 begins the run / walk. Upon returning to the Garrett Trail Access, Teammate # 2 cycles and then returns to the Garrett Trail Access. Last, Teammate # 1 finishes the duathlon event with the final run / walk.
Timing: Dave Mapes Finish Line Service with Digital Timing Display at Finish Line. Individual or team timing begins at the start of the duathlon and ends upon the individual of team completion of the event.
T - Shirts:
Long sleeve T-shirt is guaranteed to each participant registering before July 26, 2018.
*There will be no second t-shirt printing.
Photography: Action photos of each participant will be taken during the Duathlon and 5K.
Course Route for Duathlon:
- Duathlon will start at the Garrett Trail Access on the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) in Garrett, PA.
- To begin, (run: 6.2 miles) or (walk: 3.1 miles) east on the GAP crossing the Salisbury Viaduct and then return to the Garrett Trail Access.
- Upon returning to the Garrett Trail Access, transition to your bike and ride 7.5 miles in an westerly direction on the GAP toward Rockwood, PA along the Casselman River.
- At the Rockwood Trail Access, return by riding your bike 7.5 miles back to the Garrett Trail Access.
- Complete the duathlon challenge by transitioning to a (run: 2 miles) or (walk:1 mile) toward the Salisbury Viaduct and then return to the Garrett Trail Access.
Course Route for 5K:
- 5K will start at the Garrett Trail Access on the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) in Garrett, PA
- To begin run or walk 1.55 miles east on the GAP and then complete the run or walk by returning to the Garrett Trail Access.
Event refreshments will be available to registered participants before and after the Duathlon & 5K at the Garrett Trail Access.
Water stations will be available along the trail at miles 1 and 3.1 of the run, mile 7.5 at the Rockwood Trailhead, the turnaround location for the cycling segment.
Registration: Online and Mail - In Registration will open March 1, 2018! Please note: Each member of a team is required to complete an individual entry form and an individual wavier.
Non-refundable Entry Fee: Individual Duathlon Participants:
Early Bird Registration: $45.00 before July 23, 2018
Late Registration: $55.00 after July 23, 2018
Same Day Registration: $60.00 on August 11, 2018
Relay Teams of 2:
Early Bird Registration: $80.00 before July 23, 2018
Late Registration: $90.00 after July 23, 2018
Same Day Registration: $100.00 on August 11, 2018
5K Run or 5K Walk
Early Bird Registration: $18.00 before July 23, 2018
Late Registration: $20.00 after July 23, 2018
Same Day Registration: $25.00 on August 11, 2018
Awards: Awards for both run/bike/run and walk/bike/walk and Relay Teams:
- Top overall male and female finishers of run/bike/run and walk/bike/walk and 5K
- Top relay team
- Top male and female in each age group of the run/bike/run & the walk/bike/walk and 5K:
- Age groups
- age 19 and under,
- ages 20 - 29
- ages 30 - 39
- ages 40 - 49
- ages 50 - 59
- age 60 and over